Our software can be installed and runs fine on 1&1's Linux servers. However, the initial set-up can be challenging. While there's a tutorial on their FAQ's (http://faq.1and1.com/scripting_languages_supported/php/16.html) it can be intimidating for those whose set-up is different. Here is a simple tutorial on how to get Ioncube set-up on 1&1's server and allow you to use SunShop's or PHP Live Helpers Ioncube distribution.
1) First, download the Ioncube distribution of the latest version of your purchased software through your account's "Downloads" tab at https://my.twt-inc.com/
2) Login to your 1&1 server space using an FTP client such as SmartFTP.
3) Since you will need to have PHP5 in order to run the latest versions of Sunshop and PHP Live Helper, first check with 1&1 to see if you currently on PHP5. If you are not, use their tutorial on how to upgrade. ( http://faq.1and1.com/scripting_languages_supported/php/php5_upgrade/4.html )
4) Once on PHP5, you should need the ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so loader, found in /ioncube/lin_x86/. (This of course works for version PHP 5.2, which is what 1&1 currently uses.
5) Create a folder called /ioncube in the root directory and upload the /ioncube/lin_x86/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so file there.
6) Open Notepad, and enter this line at the top (this is your path to the file, replace the x's with your own path's numbers):
zend_extension = /homepages/x/xxxxxxx/htdocs/yourdomainname/ioncube/lin_x86/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so
Save the file as "php.ini". If you use Notepad ++, it gives you the option to save it as a .ini extension.
(To get the "true" path since the path in cpanel is wrong at times, upload all store files and the /install folder, and go through the install process. Eventually, you'll see an error saying libsecure.php needs Ioncube loaders to run. Get that path.)
7) Upload all the folders and files in the /sunshop folder to the server, in the folder of your preference. if you want SunShop or PHP Live Helper in the root, upload it there. Same goes for uploading it to a separate store only directory.
8) Upload php.ini to the root, /admin, /include/classes/ and the /install folder. It has to be in all the folders where libsecure.php is, or any encoded file.
9) Run the install. Ioncube should be detected and let you continue.