If we update your license key to change a domain, update the expiration, or make any profile changes, these are the steps necessary to update your license key on an existing installation. There are two specific ways to complete this update:
1. First, open your favorite text editor, such as wordpad or notepad if you are using windows, and create a new file.
2. Paste the contents of your new license key into the newly created file and save the file being sure to name it "license_key.php".
3. Upload that newly created file onto your server into the admin directory using your favorite FTP client.
4. Login to the admin area to your software as your normally would. If everything goes correctly, you will get a message saying that your license key has been updated successfully.
5. Lastly, delete the license_key.php from your server and test the shop front end to ensure it is functioning normally.
[Method Two] (Advanced)
1. Go directly to your shop's database (the most common way is to access it via phpMyAdmin through your web hosts control panel, sometimes accessed through the "Databases" or "MySQL Databases" section) and locate the table named "settings".
2. Scroll down to the "settings" table, and click the "Browse" link or icon. You may have to click on the actual text for some servers.
(NOTE: If you used the ss_ prefix, it'll be called "ss_settings". This is the same for any other prefix you may have defined during installation.)
3. Under the "id" column, look for record 130 or the record with the "name" set to "license_key". Click the "Edit" link next to it. You can also click the pencil icon next to the word "Edit".
4. In the text box that currently holds the old key, "value", erase it entirely and paste the NEW key in it. Press the "Go" button below.
5. This action updates your key. Check your store's index page to ensure it works correctly.